We understand that many of our volunteers have young children and need childcare. Please note that shifts with childcare fill quickly and childcare will be closed to volunteers when we reach the capacity of children we can care for.
To assure we have adequate childcare coverage, we cannot make exceptions! Please register early if you need childcare!
- Childcare must be reserved in advance of the sale and children must be pre-registered. If not reserved in advance, childcare will not be available. If you sign up for a shift that has childcare, you have not automatically enrolled your child(ren). You must email us at email@example.com. and tell us the shift you registered for, your children’s name(s) and age(s).
- Children must be at least 2 years old to be in childcare at Kid’s Kloset.
- Childcare is only available while volunteering for Kid’s Kloset, not while shopping. It is not available for all work shifts. The shifts that have childcare are designated as such online, so please check carefully and remember to email us to reserve childcare.
- Shifts with childcare fill quickly and will be closed to volunteers needing the childcare portion when we reach the capacity of children we can care for. For the safety of the children, there are no exceptions…Register early if you need childcare!
- Childcare is available for no longer than a 3 hour shift per child per day.
- Children are not allowed in the gym while the parent is volunteering.
- Every child must be checked in by the parent at the childcare registration table when arriving and must be picked up by the parent only.
- All of the child’s personal items must be labeled (i.e. no-spill sipper cups, bottles, diapers, bags, etc.) Labels will be available at the registration table if needed.
- Dress your child appropriately for indoor and outdoor play and include a change of clothes.
For the protection of all children and volunteers, please DO NOT bring your child if she/he is ill. The Health Department sets the following guidelines, which is what we follow. If a child exhibits any of these symptoms within the past 24 hours, she/he will not be allowed in Kid’s Kloset childcare:
- Fever of 100 or more
- Diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting
- Undiagnosed rashes or other skin conditions
- On-going cough
- Sore throat
- Signs of common childhood illnesses, such as German measles, chickenpox, mumps, influenza, colds, etc.
- Runny eyes or runny nose
- A child will not be allowed in childcare if they have been absent from school within the past 24 hours.
- If your child becomes ill while in childcare, you will be asked to take him/her home immediately. Childcare workers will not administer medication.
- Do not pack any food containing peanuts for your child.
Questions about childcare? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to notify us if your child will not be in childcare after all or if you need to make last minute changes to your shift and we have passed the cutoff date for making changes online.